Thursday, June 19, 2014

DIY Headband & Bow Holder



Since before we even decided to have kids I have always said that if we did have a little girl, she wouldn't go anywhere without a bow on her head. If you've seen my Instagram (Check it out using the button on the right!) I've lived up to my word as my sweet girl has a headband in pretty much every single color of the rainbow.

The problem with this is that I had a hard time figuring out how to store them, most of the time they literally sat on her nightstand in a huge ugly pile. So I searched on Etsy, they were more than I wanted to pay ($40 for a picture frame and ribbon? Come on.) so I decided I would attempt to make my own and I've been pretty pleased with the result. 

You too can make your own, here's what I did: 
  • Went to Good Will and browsed through the pictures section, found a frame that matched Cree's room--- $3
  • Got some hooks from Target--- $3.99 
  • I had to splurge on ribbon by going to Hobby Lobby since the Dollar Store didn't have any cute colors that matched the nursery--- $8
    • Threw away the ugly picture and glass.
    • Used my husbands drill and drilled holes into the bottom for the hooks. 
    • Lovingly asked my husband to screw in the hooks as I was having a hard time getting them.
    • Hot glued ribbon the ribbon in place and Voila! 
Total for Cree's Headband and Bow Holder: $14.99 (Wayyyyyy cheaper than most of the things I saw on Etsy)

1 comment: